ThumperTalk Manual Cam Chain Tensioner
Save yourself thousands in costly repairs! The ThumperTalk Manual Cam Chain Tensioner (MCCT) is designed to replace the automatic and hydraulic tensioners found on today's hi-performance 4-stroke engines. Factory automatic adjusters can back out when the throttle is suddenly closed at higher rpms. This allows the cams to momentarily go out of time and can result in bent valves and/or serious engine damage! Hydraulic tensioners have a tendency to put too much tension on the chain guide under high rpm/high oil pressure conditions, resulting in premature cam chain wear. Installation of a ThumperTalk Manual Cam Chain Tensioner will allow you to maintain the proper, constant cam chain tension necessary for reliable hi-performance riding and it will not backout.
- Precision machined, clear anodized billet aluminum body for long lasting good looks.
- O-ring seals on both the body and the adjuster shaft threads.
- Machined stainless steel adjuster with machined aluminum locking nut.
Recently we improved upon the design of our MCCT by eliminating the dowel pinned 14mm adjuster nut in favor of a fully integrated machined adjuster design. Why?
- No dowel pin that can vibrate out, causing the loss of an adjuster nut.
- New design is cleaner, less bulking looking.
- 15% weight savings over our old design.
- Integrated adjuster takes a smaller wrench (7mm) for more precise adjustment and less risk of over tensioning the cam chain compared to using larger wrenches.
- Since lock nut can now be removed, o-ring seals can be replaced.
- We also changed the lock nut to a tough machined aluminum unit with a larger, flatter surface that both looks better and provides a better seal against oil leaks.
This is a high quality product, proudly made in the USA. There are thousands of these units in service, so buy in confidence with our life-time product warranty.1 Don't be fooled by cheap knock-offs from China. They don't care about your engine or our sport! Support those that support you!
1 For the original purchaser, if our MCCT fails for any reason, we'll repair or replace it.
|Manufacturer Part Number||ENG_TT_MCCT1|